Been a while ...

I know it's been a while since I put anything out and I apologize.  My previous publisher was sold to a shady outfit and their pricing schedule was ridiculous. I couldn't see someone paying $30 or more for a paperback, I don't care how lavish it is.  It took a few years but now that Amazon has opened a publishing division, I can keep the prices down to reasonable levels (below $20) and still make my ten percent without feeling I'm ripping people off.  It's still a decent quality book, though their print format is a bit smaller (large print editions will be available too), and zipping out a Kindle edition is seamless.

Another reason for the delay is I had to get Empires right (rewrote it five times) and that took longer than expected.

That said, to make up for lost time, we're putting out three books over the course of eight weeks just to get people caught up.  There will be four more after that on a schedule of one a year starting in 2014.  By the time we get them out, I'll have figured out where the series should go from there or whether I should just put it to bed and start something else.  I never intended for it to run out for so long (maybe four or five episodes at most) but I've just had so much fun with these characters.  They're like my own little voodoo dolls, all of them a piece of me and I feel all I inflict upon them.

Thanks for following along.

Empires is out already (see below), Birthright will be out soon, and Holding Out For Heaven will follow before the end of August.  With my penchant for long-windedness, I figure those should last you until Thirty Days At Zeta comes out this time next year.

Enjoy!

No comments: